DELTA-SC®2236 is a silicone surface additive with defoaming properties to improve the surface properties of coatings, with particular emphasis upon leveling, it increases surface slip and thus improves scratch and mar- resistance. DELTA-SC®2236 is a heat resistant due to the alkyl-modification, which shows no thermal decomposition at high temperatures in baking systems such as coil coatings (up to 280°C for 15 minutes).
Composition :Solvent-free modified polysiloxane
Specific gravity @ 20°C :ca. 0.95 g/cm3
Appearance :Transparent liquid
Active ingredients :>98%
Applications and usage:
DELTA-SC®2236 is an alkyl-modified polysiloxane, soluble in aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons, esters and ketones, insoluble in water.
DELTA-SC® 2236 improves the general surface characteristics and in particular the following advantages are gained:
● Improved levelling and surface smoothness
● Increased slip and mar-resistance
● Orange-peel effect and cratering are prevented
● The formation of Benard cells (anti-floating effect) is avoided
● Improved overspray acceptance
● Acts as a defoamer and de-aeration aid
DELTA-SC®2236 is especially recommended for non-aqueous coatings. The alkyl-modification makes it act as a defoamer and slip agent.
It is highly recommended in the following applications:
● Stoving enamels based on alkyd-, acrylic- or polyester resins
● Acid cured- or polyurethane- wood finishes particularly when applied by curtain coating
● Self-levelling epoxy flooring compounds
● UV-curable paper lacquers
● Air-dried alkyd systems
It should be added during the final thinning. For ease of handling, dilute to 10% in aromatics or mineral spirits.
0.05-0.5% on total formulation weight
Safety and Handling:
DELTA-SC®2236 should be handled in accordance with good industrial practice. Detailed information can be found in the Safety Data Sheet.
DELTA-SC®2236 should be stored in a cool dry place. When kept in an original unopened container, it will keep up to 5 years from the date of manufacture. The production date is indicated on the container.
50 kg and 180 kg non-returnable metallic containers.